seem strange, you are probably using internet explorer. Colors appear best when
viewed using netscape
If colors seem strange, you are probably using internet explorer. Colors appear best when viewed using netscape
Dan Wyman Books
Dan @ DanWymanBooks.com
"We Find Good Homes for Nice Jewish Books"
NEW PUBLICATIONS IN
DISTRIBUTED BY DAN WYMAN BOOKS, INC.
Item Nrs. 4-11, Simon Wiesenthal
Center Annual (Complete)
We are now distributing the new titles listed below. We have also include the complete voumes of the Simon Wiesenthal Center Annual, no longer in print but in new condition.
As always, all items are 100% returnable for any reason. Domestic shipping is generally $5.00 for the first volume and $1.00 for each additional volume for domestic addresses. International shipments are at cost, generally $9.00 for the first volume or two, except where noted.
We prefer payment by credit card, but also accept checks in US funds or www.paypal.com. We will also gladly invoice your institution. Please do not order via fax at this time.
INSTITUTIONAL CUSTOMERS WITH BUDGETARY CONSTRAINTS MAY DELAY PAYMENT IF NECESSARY.
Please use our on-line search engine to browse the more than 5000 titles we have listed on line at www.DanWymanBooks.com, where you will also find other lists of unusual Judaica titles.
PLEASE ALSO LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE OUR LISTS OF OUT OF PRINT JUDAICA TITLES by emailing us at [email protected].
And feel free to forward this list to other colleagues who may be interested.
WE URGENTLY NEED QUALITY JUDAICA IMPRINTS FOR CASH OR TRADE. We make housecalls in the Northeast, and we pay for shipping when we can't come to you.
Please let us know by email or phone which items you would like to order. Secure credit card orders may be placed by clicking here.
NEW TITLES FOR SALE FROM DAN WYMAN BOOKS, INC
• Rashi (1040-1105). Krieger, Pinchus, editor. פרשן־דתא PARSHAN-DATA: RESHIMAT HA-PERUSHIM LE-FERUSH RASHI 'AL HA-TORAH. PARSHAN-DATA: SUPERCOMMENTARIES ON RASHI'S COMMENTARY ON THE PENTATEUCH. Monsey, NY, P. Krieger, 2005. 1st Edition. Cloth, 8vo, 204 pages. 25 cm. In Hebrew with added title page in English. Includes bibliographical references and index. A descriptive catalog of supercommentaries on Rashi on the Bible, from the beginning of printing until 1970. Printed in a limited edition of 400 copies. Contains approximately 400 entries. An important
new work. SUBJECT(S): Rashi, 1040-1105. Perush Rashi al ha-Torah -- Bibliography. Bible. O.T. Pentateuch -- Commentaries -- Bibliography. "ba-'arikhat
Pinhas Yehoshu'a Krieger.New Condition. (ID #17982) $45.00.
2. • (Eger, Hungary) Orbánné Szegó, Ágnes. [Orbanné Szego, Agnes]. EGRI ZSIDÓ POLGÁROK [ZSIDO POLGAROK]. Budapest, VPP, 2005. Cloth, 8vo, ISBN: 9632196511 8vo, 279 pages. 25 cm. Loaded with photos. In Hungarian. A history of the Jews of Eger, Hungary, before and during the Holocaust. Includes bibliographical referenceson pages 277-278. OCLC lists 5 copies worldwide (Harvard, USHMM, Yeshiva, Penn, U of Washington), none south of Pennsylvania. SUBJECT(S): Jews -- Hungary -- Eger -- History. Jews -- Hungary -- Eger -- Social life and customs. Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Hungary -- Eger. Eger (Hungary) -- Ethnic relations. Slightly damaged in transit, but good solid condition. (ID #17983) $45.00.
3. • (Mauthausen) Bar-Shaked, Gavriel, Dr., editor. NAMES OF THE JEWS DEPORTED FROM GREATER HUNGARY TO THE MAUTHAUSEN CONCENTRATION CAMP. PART II. Hardcover, 8vo, New York & Paris: Beate Klarsfeld Foundation, No Date (2006). Cloth, large 4to, XXVI, 188 pages. Text in English. Title page & cover include title in Hungarian & Hebrew. Lists approximately 11,000 names, organized by town, with year of birth, mother's maiden name, and other family information. Includes useful index of names by place of birth at rear. Includes maps, facsimiles, and introductory overview by the editor. Vol. XI in the NEVEK (Names) project. New Condition. (ID #17981) $125.00. (international shipping $12.00 per volume).
Some other volumes from this series are still available. Please enquire.
4. • Simon Wiesenthal Center. SIMON WIESENTHAL CENTER ANNUAL. VOLUMES 1-7. COMPLETE. Chappaqua, N. Y. Rossel Books; White Plains, N. Y. : Kraus International Publications; York: Philosophical Library., 1990. Cloth. 8vo. 250, 240, 386, 425, 278, 350, 266 pages. See Contents of each volume below. SUBJECT(S) : Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) – Periodicals; Holocaust; Oorlogsmisdadigers; Opsporing. New Condition. (SWC-1-8) (ID #17986) $200.00.
5. • Simon Wiesenthal Center. SIMON WIESENTHAL CENTER ANNUAL. VOLUME 1. Chappaqua, N. Y. : Rossel Books., 1984. Cloth. 8vo. 250 pages. CONTENTS INCLUDE: “The Cultural Life of the Vilna Ghetto” by Solon Beinfeld; “The Judiciary and Nazi Crimes in Postwar Germany” by Henry Friedlander; “The Camera as Weapon: Documentary Photography and the Holocaust” by Sybil Milton; “The Unethical and the Unspeakable: Women and the Holocaust” by Joan Miriam Ringelheim; “American Jewish Chaplains and the Shearit Hapletah: April-June 1945” by Alex Grobman; “A Reply to Martin Broszat Regarding the Origins of the Final Solution” by Christopher R. Browning; “The First Report about Auschwitz” by John S. Conway; “Rescue via the Far East: The Attempt to Save Polish Rabbis and Yeshivah Students, 1939-1941” by Efraim Zuroff; “Kiddush ha-Shem and Kiddush ha-Hayim” by Yisrael Gutman; “Perspectives on the Holocaust in Current Literature” by Alvin H. Rosenfeld; “Facing Hitler, Facing Ourselves: Syberberg's Hitler: A Film from German” by Lawrence L. Langer; “Yaffa Eliach, Hasidic Tales of the Holocaust” by Michael Berenbaum; “Documentation About the Holocaust: Emigration” by Richard Breitman. SUBJECT (S) : Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) – Periodicals; Holocaust; Oorlogsmisdadigers; Opsporing.
New Condition. (SWC-1-1) (ID #17987) $35.00.
6. • Simon Wiesenthal Center. SIMON WIESENTHAL CENTER ANNUAL. VOLUME 2. White Plains, N. Y. : Kraus International Publications., 1985. Cloth. 8vo. 240 pages. CONTENTS INCLUDE: “Nisko: The First Experiment in Deportation” by Jonny Moser; “The Forgotten Part of the 'Final Solution': The Liquidation of the Ghettos” by Wolfgang Scheffler; “Jewish U-Boote in Austria, 1938-1945” by C. Gwyn Moser; “Nazi Criminals in the United States: The Fedorenko Case” by Henry Friedlander & Earlean M. McCarrick; “The Burning of the Books in Nazi Germany, 1933: The American Response” by Guy Stern; “The Search for the Silver Lining: The American Academic Establishment and the 'Aryanization' of German Scholarship” by Karen J. Greenberg; “Pressing at the Limits: The Challenge of the Hebrew Committee of National Liberation to Chemical Warfare Policy” by John Ellis van Courtland Moon; “Holocaust Numismatics” by Joel J. Forman; “Discussing Holocaust Literature” by Ruth K. Angress; “Refugees and Survivors: Reception in the New World” by David S. Wyman; “Understanding the SS Imperium” by Mishael H. Kater; “How Popular was the Third Reich? ” by Michael H. Kater; “Jewish Fate in Hungary” by László Varga; “Precious Legacy or Tragic Heritage” by Jonathan Helfand. SUBJECT (S) : Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) – Periodicals; Holocaust; Oorlogsmisdadigers; Opsporing. Previous owner's name on flyleaf; New Condition. (SWC-1-2) (ID #17988) $35.00.
7. • Simon Wiesenthal Center. SIMON WIESENTHAL CENTER ANNUAL. VOLUME 3. White Plains, N. Y. : Kraus International Publications., 1986. Cloth. 8vo. 386 pages. CONTENTS INCLUDE: “Alois Brunner: 'Eichmann's Best Tool'” by Mary Felstiner; “Nazi Criminals in the United States: Denaturalization after Fedorenko” by Henry Friedlander & Earlean M. McCarrick; “Writers in Extrmis” by Guy Stern; “Trapped in France: A Case Study of Five German Jewish Intellectuals” by Helmut F. Pfanner; “Rabbis' Relief and Rescue: A Case Study of the Activities of the Vaad ha-Hatzala (Rescue Committee) of the American Orthodox Rabbis, 1942-1943” by Efraim Zuroff; “Philpi S. Bernstein: Adviser on Jewish Affairs, May 1946-August 1947” by Haim Genizi; “Black Americans' Reaction to the Persecution of European Jews” by Bat-Ami Zucker; “Austrian Jewish Writers since Wolrd War II” by Dagmar C. G. Lorenz; “Hitler's Racial Ideology: Conent and Occult Sources” by Jackson Spielvogel & David Redles; “Lanzmann's Shoah and Its Audience” by Ruth K. Angress; “Klaus Barbie, the United States Government, and the Beginnings of the Cold War” by George O. Kent; “What Should American Jews Have Done to Rescue Their European Brethren? ” by Leonard Dinnerstein; “The Revised Hilberg” by Christopher R. Browning; “Order as a Premise for Destruction” by Michael H. Kater; “Photographs of the Warsaw Ghetto” by Sybil Milton; “Primo Levi in English” by Ruth K Angress; “Popular Culture on Nazi Germany” by Robert S. Wistrich; “How America Abandoned the Jews in World War II” by Stephen E. Ambrose; “Intellectual Migration” by Uwe K. Faulhaber; “Exile on the Hudson” by Guy Stern; “The Nature of Evidence for Intergenerational Effects of the Holocaust” by John J. Sigal; Correspondence, from Vivian Mann & Jonathan Helfand. SUBJECT(S) : Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) – Periodicals; Holocaust; Oorlogsmisdadigers; Opsporing.
New Condition. (SWC-1-3) (ID #17989) $35.00.
8. • Simon Wiesenthal Center. SIMON WIESENTHAL CENTER ANNUAL. VOLUME 4. White Plains, N. Y. : Kraus International Publications., 1987. Cloth. 8vo. 425 pages. CONTENTS INCLUDE: “Refuge and Persecution in Italy, 1933-1945” by Klaus Voigt; “The Extradition of Nazi Criminals: Ryan, Artukovic, and Demjanjuk” by Henry Friedlander & Earlean M. McCarrick; “Problems of Political Reeducation in West Germany, 1945-1960” by Michael H. Kater; “Nazi Germany's Consuls in Jerusalem, 1933-1939” by Arnold Blumberg; “American Catholics During the Holocaust” by Gershon Greenberg; “Philosemitism on the German Right: The Case of the Novelist Walter Bloem” by Roddler F. Morris; “Antisemitism in South Africa during World War II: A Documentation” by Albrecht Hagemann; “The Tasks of the SS Einsatzgruppen” by Alfred Streim; “Tradition and Murder in the Wehrmacht” by Charles B. Burdick; “A Note on the Genesis on the Final Solution” by Raul Hilberg; “The Agony of the Lodz Ghetto, 1941-1944” by Abraham J. Peck; “German Reactions to Nazi Persecution of the Jews” by Donald L. Niewyk; “Coercive Sterilization in Nazi Germany” by Kurt Nowak; “A Brief for Humanity” by Wolfgang Scheffler; “The Changed World of Man-Made Mass Death” by Alan Rosenberg & Ralph W. Sleeper; “Palestine and Nazi Germany” by Sara Reguer; “Rethinking the German Church Struggle” by John S. Conway; “The Fate of Non-Jewish Refugees” by Robert W. Ross. SUBJECT (S) : Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) – Periodicals; Holocaust; Oorlogsmisdadigers; Opsporing. New Condition. (SWC-1-4) (ID #17990) $35.00.
9. • Simon Wiesenthal Center. SIMON WIESENTHAL CENTER ANNUAL. VOLUME 5. White Plains, N. Y. : Kraus International Publications., 1988. Cloth. 8vo. 278 pages. CONTENTS INCLUDE: “The Economics of the Final Solution: A Case Study from the General Government” by Götz Aly & Susanne Heim; “Non-Jewish Children in the Camps” by Sybil Milton; “Traditional Antisemitism and the Holocaust: The Case of the German Diplomat Curt Prüfer” by Donald M. McKale; “Three Generations Remember the Holocaust: Hilsenrath, Becker, and Seelich” by Dagmar C. G. Lorenz; “Out of the Mouths of Monsters: Perspectives on Nazism in Grass and Tournier” by Judith Ryan; “Concentration Camps in Exile Literature: The Case of Osthofen” by Alexander Stephan; “Attempts to Settle Jewish Refugees in Newfoundland and Labrador, 1934-1939” by Gerhard P. Bassler; “American Radoi Coverage of the Holocaust” Joyce Fine; “Germany's Special Path to the Holocaust” by Donald L. Niewyk; “Between Rationality and Irrationalism: George L. Mosse, the Holocaust, and European Cultural History” by Steven E. Aschheim; “The Fate of Soviet POWs in World War II” by John H. E. Fried; “Historians of Jewish Resistance” by Jan T Gross; “Facing Survivors in Fiction and Film” by Robert H. Abzug: “The Thesaurus of Hell: Twenty-Six Years of the Periodical Przeglad Lekarski-Oswiecim” by Wolf Oschlies; “Homosexuals in Nazi Germany” by Rüdiger Lautmann. SUBJECT (S) : Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) – Periodicals; Holocaust; Oorlogsmisdadigers; Opsporing. New Condition. (SWC-1-5) (ID #17991) $45.00.
10. • Simon Wiesenthal Center. SIMON WIESENTHAL CENTER ANNUAL. VOLUME 6. New York: Philosophical Library. 1989. Cloth. 8vo. 350 pages. CONTENTS INCLUDE: “Relicensing Central European Refugee Physicians in the United States, 1933-1945” by Eric D. Kohler; “Anti-Jewish Propaganda in the Orel Region of Great Russia, 1942-1943: The German Army and Its Russian Collaborators” by Robert Edwin Herzstein; “The Politics of Spiritual Rehabilitation in the DP Camps” by Judith Tydor Baumel; “From Hurban to Redemption: Orthodox Jewish Thought in the Munich Area, 1945-1948” by Gershon Greenberg; “Inside Auschwitz: Four Memoirs” by Dagmar C. G. Lorenz; “Jews, Nazis, and the Law: The Case of Julius Streicher” by Dennis E. Showalter; “The Trial of Ernst Zundel: Revisionism and the Law in Canada” by Leonidas E. Hill; “American Ant-Nazism: A Cold War Casualty” by Earlean M. McCarrick; “The German Jews Under Hitler” by Donald L. Niewyk; “On the Historiography of the SS” by Charles W. Sydnor, Jr. ; “Cooperation, Compliance, Resistance: German Diplomats in the Third Reich” by George O. Kent; “Jewish Life as Stigma” by Jack Zipes; “Interpretations of the Holocaust” by Michael Berenbaum; “The Bitter Legacy of the Holocaust” by Carl Steiner; Correspondence, from Helmut Krausnick, Alfred Streim & Albrecht Hagemann. SUBJECT (S) : Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) – Periodicals; Holocaust; Oorlogsmisdadigers; Opsporing. New Condition, with dust jacket. (SWC-1-6) (ID #17992) $35.00.
11. • Simon Wiesenthal Center. SIMON WIESENTHAL CENTER ANNUAL. VOLUME 7. New York: Philosophical Library. 1990. Cloth. 8vo. 266 pages. CONTENTS INCLUDE: “Majdanek: Cornerstone of Himmler's SS Empire in the East” by Elizabeth B. White; “Himmler's Police Auxiliaries in the Occupied Soviet Territories” by Richard Breitman; “The Anatomy of a Massacre: Sarmas 1944” by Nicholas M. Nagy-Talavera; “British Policy Toward East European Refugees in Germany and Austria, 1945-1947” by Arieh J. Kochavi; “Primo Levi: The Drowned, the Saved, and the 'Grey Zone'” by Ilona Klein; “Italian Citizens in Nazi-Occupied Europe: Documents from the Files of the German Foreign Office, 1941-1943” by Liliana Picciotto Fargion; “Nazi Health and Social Policy” by Robert N. Proctor; “Ethnic Politics Canadian Style: The Clash over Nazi War Criminals: by Earlean M. McCorrick; “A Secretary General for the United Nations and a President for Austria” by Gerhard L. Weinberg; “A Nazi Crusade? ” by Richard Breitman; “Hilsenrath's Other Genocide” by Dagmar C. G. Lorenz; “Homosexuals in Nazi Germany” by Warren Johansson & William A. Percy. SUBJECT (S) : Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) – Periodicals; Holocaust; Oorlogsmisdadigers; Opsporing. New Condition, with dust jacket. (SWC-1-7) (ID #17993) $45.00.