INSTITUTE OF HAZANUTH, SEASON 1924-1925
New York, 1925. Item #36810
1st Edition. Original Paper Wrappers with full page photo of Director Jacob Schwartz. 8vo. 2 leaves 23 cm. This is a program from the Institute of Hazanauth, founded by Jacob Schwartz. At the time of its founding, Schwartz and others considered the Institute the only school in America for the training of cantors along modern lines. Schwartz served as cantor at B’nai Jeshurun, the third oldest Ashkenazi synagogue in the United States, from 1914 to 1953, working alongside Rabbi Israel Goldstein for nearly 40 years. He also served as president of the Jewish Ministers Cantors’ Association of America. OCLC lists no copies worldwide. In about very good condition. (Music-7-10) xx.