Camden, Chew & Sons, 1901. Item #38767
L1st edition. Ater paper wrappers. 4to. 28 pages; 23 cm. Includes several black-and-white photographs. “The first Jewish colony in South Jersey was located in Pittsgrove township, Salem county, in 1882. When the persecuted Jews were driven from Russia a number of wealthy and influential Hebrews in the city of New York formed the Hebrew Aid Society, whose object was to give assistance to their fellow religionists who were thus cast out from the places of their birth and compelled to seek shelter and subsistence among strangers in a strange land. ” SUBJECT (S) : Alliance (N. J. ) History, Rosenhayn (N. J. ) History, Woodbine (N. J. ) History, Carmel (N. J. ) History. OCLC lists 8 holdings worldwide. The University of Pennsylvania keeps their copy in their Rare Book Americana collection. Some edgewear and rubbing. Minimal pencil markings that do not affect text. Slight toning. Very good condition. (AMR-53-16).