[No Publisher], 1902. Item #40450
1st edition. Single fold advertising booklet, including an application for membership on the backside. The Jewish Chautauqua Society was formed in 1893 by Henry Berkowitz. The first assembly was held the following year in Atlantic City. The group promoted "the dissemination of knowledge of the Jewish religion by fostering the study of its history and literature, giving popular courses of instruction, issuing publications, establishing reading-circles, holding general assemblies, and by such other means as may from time to time be found necessary and proper. ” It merged with the URJ in 2015. SUBJECTS: Reform Judaism. No copies in OCLC. Very good condition. Rare. (AMR-65-15).